Detailed Job Description:
Please review our job description, fill out the form and upload your resume in an acceptable format (PDF. or Doc.)
Location: Bradenton, FL
Position Title: Mechanical Design Engineer-Packaging
Job #: 01-21-E-1
New England Machinery is a dynamic 46-year-old privately owned company located in the Sarasota/Bradenton area on the beautiful, sunny west coast of Florida. We have placed thousands of machines world-wide and are globally recognized as a quality provider of high-speed packaging equipment.
Our growth has been impressive, and we are ramping up for significant growth in the next few years. In this position, if selected you will have direct contact with our customers and the entire internal operation team to assure having the right products at the right time. You will be an integral part of customer focus teams.
We serve the Pharma, Food, Beverage, Personal Care and Chemical industries with standard and custom designed packaging equipment to meet their critical needs.
We are seeking a person that is not afraid to get their “hands dirty” to get the job done effectively, to assure outstanding customer service, to maximize profits and finest quality in a safe environment using TEAMWORK.
- Design packaging machinery to meet customer specifications.
- Incorporate new technology in order to maintain a competitive edge in the world of packaging machinery.
- Explore innovative manufacturing methods to help reduce mechanical assembly costs and lead time.
- Troubleshoot problems occurring during development, fabrication, assembly, or commissioning of machinery; conduct functional testing.
- Provide in-field and phone support for service related activities, including engineering support for pre-sales solutions. Limited travel to customer sites for various activities including installation support and resolving post installation technical issues.
- Project management, when needed.
- Ability to get the job done with minimal supervision.
- Strong professionalism and unwavering integrity.
- Conduct functional testing, generate written protocols, reports, maintain accurate documentation, designs, drawing and processes.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies.
- Ability to work in a company with a “get it done” attitude.
- Outstanding Teamwork– general focus on pleasing the customer.
- Work with other engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing, service and supply chain to find the best solutions for our company and our customers.
- Provide engineering support for pre-sales solutions.
- Travel to customer locations, as needed, to fully understand equipment usage and demands, help customers improve their productivity, installation support and resolving issues.
- Work with outside vendors as required.
- Mechanical Engineering degree with at least 10 years work experience in automated machinery design preferably in the Packaging Industry.
- Solid Modeling design experience is required using SolidWorks, Inventor, ProEngineering or similar software.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects with a focus on quality and “on-time” delivery.
- Strong project management skills. Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must be able to pass background and drug test.
- Must be US citizen or have Permanent Resident Status (green card holder).
We are a dedicated team, committed to our core values of customer satisfaction, safety, integrity, quality, teamwork and innovation. We offer an excellent Benefits package to include Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability and matching 401K plan. Excellent paid time off and holiday program. Competitive Salary commensurate with experience.
We are a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Visit our website at neminc.com
Does the above sound like YOU?
If you meet the requirements and are interested in talking about this position, please reply with your current Resume.